Blog

Project Updates!

Picture of Alexandra Magaard
Project Updates!
by Alexandra Magaard - 25 November 2014

Alexandra Magaard // 25 November 2014 //  #GoingGreen 

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is staying warm this November. I just wanted to provide a couple of project updates. First, I would like to announce the Project’s “most popular award contest.” It will be on our Facebook page later this week and is worth watching out for! Secondly, thanks to any and all of the Project’s participants. The Going Green team has been thoroughly impressed with everyone’s contributions, and we are very interested to learn about how all these projects were implemented in the schools. We can tell everyone worked very hard on his or her projects, and vielen dank to all who helped make Going Green a huge success. We owe the project’s accomplishments to your involvement and thoughtful presence. Thank you to all the students, teachers, Experts of the Week and anyone who simply engaged in the project (even if that means reading one blog post). We could not have done it without you! We look forward to seeing you at the final events in Berlin and again, please keep an eye out for the “most popular award contest” on Facebook. It should be exciting. We plan to keep this blog in the future, so everyone can stay updated with how the projects panned out. There also will be opportunity for guests post and please let us know if you may be interested. In the meantime, thank you again for all your hard work, and when the going gets tough, the tough go green! Alex

Alexandra Magaard is a native of Wayzata, Minnesota and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and German Language from James Madison University. In 2014-15, Alex served as a virtual intern for the U.S. Embassy and the Teach About US blog’s first author. A passionate supporter of environmentalism and green topics, Alex says that her activism began when she built a replica of the Cathedral of Notre Dame out of re-used egg cartons for her art class at age eight. She is now working for a German company based in Washington D.C.